Sunday, November 11, 2012

Only in my Dreams

I just assumed we, as a country, might have moved a tad bit further...but...maybe it was a dream.

Its a  few days after the election and I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in some of the people that call the US home. Some of the comments that I have seen on twitter and read all over the internet have truly been disheartening and disgusting. It is one thing to disagree and be angry with some of the President's politics, it is entirely different to disagree with his re-election because he is not white. The terms "n****" and "colored" are derogatory terms that should NEVER BE USED! They are not okay. "Colored" is not the correct term to describe an African american and N***** shouldn't be in your vocabulary.

Americans are always trying to rescue  and speak on other countries and the treatment that people from those countries receive. We protest on cruelty, genocide, horrible leaders, women's rights, and even worse but America is the cruelest of them all. Over the past few days I have heard multiple stories of white people turning their noses up at minority people that they have known for 10 years or not include a black person in a conversation and its sad. Those same people are speaking on cruelty in Iraq but doing the same thing in a more subtle way.

This is a tweet that was sent after the winner was announced :

God fucking damn it i didn't want a N**** president again". @vicescotto.

After I read that statement and a slew of other ignorant, rude comments, I came across some excerpts of an interview that Pat Buchanan did with the  G. Gordon Liddy Show. I listed a few comments below and the link to the excerpts. 

I'm truly disappointed and sad for the people who have such negative thoughts about a person because of his skin color. The only question I really have for these people is: If he were white, and his politics still the same, would you still have voted against him?

Re-



 Buchanan replied brazenly:
"White America died last night. Obama's reelection killed it. Our 200 plus year history as a Western nation is over. 
"With what you just said right there...You seem to imply that white people are better than other people. That's not really what you're saying is it?"
"Of course that's what I'm saying," Buchanan replied "Isn't it obvious? Anything worth doing on this Earth was done first by white people."
"But we're not led by Lincoln anymore, we're led by an affirmative-action mulatto who can't physically understand how great America once was."
"Of course I agree with half of what he does,"  Buchanan answered, "He's half white! That's not the half I'm worried about."

http://dailycurrant.com/2012/11/07/buchanan-white-america-dead/

No comments:

Post a Comment