Monday, October 1, 2012

Communication is Key

This is very true in our society today. How do you communicate with someone on a regular basis? How often do you hear their actual voice or see them in person. Not face-time on your Iphone or Skype but in person. Because everything is public or can be public (ie twitter, Facebook  or a blog) people feel they have the right to make their thoughts and opinions known to everyone. Why do i feel people need to know my feelings about the fight I had with my friend? Because I can with out directly having to tell each individual person about it.  Another thing that people do is say things they probably shouldn't say and then make up an excuse (ie my account was hacked, I left my twitter open, I thought that was a text, etc) but in reality they did say it. Public isn't always a good thing but people still post things in a public sphere just to make sure everyone knows they have an opinion about it. 
Damn straight.




1 comment:

  1. Rejeannda this is not personally towards you (my disclaimer..lol)For me it is important to have an opinion, but it also important for my opinion to be credible. I know that a person is entitled to their own opinion. In my opinion there are some people who really need to voice their opinion. The way they are voicing their opinion in not important at any time, it is the selfish tactic let me say what I have to say and everyone can just get over it. We all do this when we post things to Facebook. Some of us are just a little tactless in the situation. We cannot decipher what should stay personal and what could be posted on social media. This is where the problem comes in, because if you were to have an argument with a good friend and post the details to Facebook. It is so unfortunate for you they will not be your good friend after that posting. So I believe these are some of the points that should be considered before deciding you want to vent on Facebook. Because unfortunately Facebook is not your psychiatrist or counselor and after you have decide to put all of your personal business on Facebook I do not know how many of the those “Friends” are going to be willing to deal with you in future situations. Let me the first to say, “Not me!” I also prescribe going old school get a journal and write out your feelings allowing you sometime to reflect and think about than next move. Instead of looking back and regretting that you had posted the information that was posted. Find some other ways to deal with your emotions and find some better resolution strategies. Besides do a Facebook informational with your personal business being the information.
    I feel like you certainly did hit the nail on the head that communication is the key but I also feel like it should be the write kind of communication, because for some of us we feel as if Facebook is communicating properly when handling a situation. Again this is very wrong people.

    ReplyDelete